The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Within SED, the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Office's goal is to incorporate system modeling capabilities to provide space and other aerospace systems engineering analysis, modeling support, and education to government decision makers and other stakeholders. Our team members create, use, and evaluate models that analyze and define complex systems. We use a variety of computer tools that not only estimate system properties and performance, but we also use SysML tools to define requirements, behaviors, interfaces, and architecture.
- Develop and evaluate MBSE (SysML, UAF, DoDAF, etc.) models to support customers that develop and operate space systems.
- Develop analytical computer models and software tools to rapidly create and analyze system concept designs for the concept design center (CDC) and other corporate centers (see our CDC video at )
- Train other members of Aerospace technical staff, program office staff and government customers on MBSE
- Infuse MBSE practices into our development programs and advise our customers on how to implement MBSE in their own programs
- Create and maintain SysML models that Aerospace subject matter experts use to support program milestone reviews
- Share lessons learned and best practices across the MBSE community
- Train Aerospace engineers to become MBSE representatives within their own organizations
- For engineering specialists, lead teams to develop system models at various stages of system lifecycle
- For engineering specialists, advise government customers on incorporating MBSE practices in their own satellite, launch, missile, and ground system programs supporting all aspects such as mission assurance, requirements development/traceability, concept of operations development, and reviewing contractor-provided SysML or architecture models; and advise government customers on the use and implementation of MBSE models.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline (Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, etc.) from a recognized institution
- Proficient with MBSE tools, SysML, UAF and/or DoDAF modeling
- Tools such as MagicDraw (Cameo, Collaborator), Sparx EA, OpenMBEE
- SysML modeling of aerospace systems at various domain levels such as architectures, vehicles, and/or payloads
- At least 8 years of experience for engineering specialists
- Knowledge of core space system, launch, missile and other aerospace systems design disciplines, such as aerial vehicle system design, system architectures, satellite bus or booster design, and payloads
- Familiarity with programming languages, such as Python and Java
- Ability to clearly explain complex concepts to customers and fellow employees
- A self-starter who can lead a modeling team and spearhead new efforts
- Ability to provide technical team leadership across multiple projects
- Teaching experience, especially in technical subjects, or ability to mentor junior staff in systems modeling and systems engineering
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret or TS clearance
- Current active Secret or TS clearance
- MS or higher degree in relevant discipline
- Experience in all levels of space systems engineering including vehicle level and architecture level
- Familiarity with Syndeia, Tableau, web services interface, cloud computing, containerization, and microservices
- Experience with concurrent engineering methods and tools
- Proficient in computer programming, particularly modeling and simulation, especially for purposes of estimating system performance, size, mass, power, cost, and other key performance parameters
- Relevant OMG or INCOSE certifications
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as the.