About Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco's commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS' mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Work across the full stack of our customer experience application for Sysco's 400,000+ customers to submit $50B in annual revenue through touching the lives of millions of end consumers at restaurants as well as tens of thousands of Sysco employees.
Responsible for the technical leadership of and execution of mission critical software development tasks that directly impact business needs as defined by product managers across multiple products. Provide deep and broad technical thought leadership to the quality and end-to-end functionality of committed code for all members of the CX software engineering team. Operate as an expert-level technical leader to develop strategy around enterprise-grade software on multiple products, owning the implementation of architecturally significant projects across the organization.
- Execute on high quality enterprise-grade custom software development efforts related to React, Node.js and Java. Define software patterns, ensuring consistency in implementation across the organization.
- Establish and define application architecture and lead teams to deliver high-quality software and solve business needs. Maintain awareness of the business domain and have a holistic view of business and technology integrations.
- Be an expert in technical domains and provide domain leadership to software engineers. Mentor members of the organization. Train peers on skills that improve the speed, quality, agility and developer experience.
- Experience in developing and scaling out microservices, Graph QL APIs and Graph QL federation.
- Broad knowledge and experience in developing and scaling out streaming system focusing on Apache Kafka.
- Previous experience in eCommerce systems in developing, architecting, and scaling globally and across business divisions.
- Experience in architecture for eCommerce Platforms that are independent of underlying functional systems.
- Experience in developing real time location-based system and machine learning algorithms for predictability.
- Review and provide feedback on technical deliverables from peer and junior software engineers across teams, ensuring data privacy and compliance requirements are met.
- Research and fix the most difficult technical problems.
- Collaborate and drive engineering team members on technical vision and implementation, lead technical meetings on a regular basis to clearly articulate status for architecture initiatives.
- Collaborate solution architecture for features that go across teams and different divisions in the organization.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders on features that have an architectural impact.
- Maintain a presence in the broader Software Engineering community. Operate as a functional lead and subject matter expert among team members.
- Support in the development of architecture initiatives that will drive engineering rigor, consistency, stability, security and scalability.
- Develop roadmaps for architecture initiatives.
- Operate as an expert-level technical leader to develop architecture strategy.
- Be proficient in concepts and practices around High Availability, Disaster Recovery for microservices based architectures. Particularly around AWS multi-region deployment.
- Experience in working with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related, or equivalent work experience.
- 12 years of experience in custom software development in Java/Java Script or iOS/Android.
- Experience in an agile environment.
- Experience mentoring and developing technical and functional skills of team members.
- Experience with enterprise software development recommended practices in application development environments.
- Experience in Apache Kafka.
- Experience in systems integrations with vendors, legacy systems, and systems across cloud providers.
- Practical exposure to software scalability, performance, and resiliency optimization techniques in mission-critical applications.
- Experience with AWS Ecosystem.
- Experience with Docker and Continuous Integration.