Join our Team CARFAX as an Software Engineer - Product Back End
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we're proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We're proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best.
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We're passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Autonomy is a key pillar of our tech culture. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We're not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried. Within CARFAX, we value Teamwork. Our development teams work hand in hand with product owners, project leaders, UX designers and Quality Assurance engineers to produce the best products and solutions possible. All this AND a 4-day work week all summer! If you're a techie who enjoys constantly learning new things, collaborating with teammates, and building best-in-class products and services, you'll find exciting opportunities at CARFAX!
As a Software Engineer - Product Back-End you will be a part of the Business Technology team, which helps CARFAX build and support products that help millions of people!
As a Software Engineer - Product Back-End you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, architects, cloud engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Review and test existing code-bases or technical integrations across various CARFAX projects
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Kotlin, Type Script, Golang, Python or C#; we primarily use JVM languages and Type Script
- Experience with modern front-end Java Script libraries (such as React JS, Vue, or Angular)
- Knowledge with client/server architecture and building web services using REST or Graph QL
- Relational and NoSQL database systems such as MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB or Elasticsearch
- Experience with developing in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience in full SDLC development including design, building, testing, deployment, upgrade, and support.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentor engineers through complicated technical challenges
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment as well as independently
Please see job description