Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is seeking individuals to help grow our mission- We help people overcome challenges to employment. Working at Goodwill is more than a job. Joining our team is a chance to do good for yourself and the community. With our community's donations and contract services we generate the money needed to support our programs which provide training and supportive services to individuals who seek greater independence.
We invite you to take the first step in making a difference by applying to a position with Goodwill.
JOB SUMMARY: To manage the daily operations of donated merchandise in accordance with established business practices as mandated by the Agency's policies, procedures and budget projections in an assistant role.
FLSA : Exempt
Starting pay: 46,086.40 per year
Direct Reports: Shift Leaders, Store Associates
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Manages budget and maintains expenditures in accordance with the Agency, departmental, and store financial goals.
- Hire, train, evaluate, motivate and supervise all store personnel to maintain and exceed the Agency's operational standards.
- Comply with Agency policies and DGR standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the Agency's safety and security policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the process outline for the job you are supervising and performing.
- Greet, assist and provide excellent customer service to donors/customers.
- Assist and resolve any complaints and communicate with the management team.
- Maintain proficiency for tasks required in all workstations.
- Monitor and maintain overall store appearance and housekeeping to Agency standards by proper colorization, cleanliness, store layout, signage and displays.
- Perform and assist in all functions completed by store personnel.
- Conduct all monthly meetings with store employees and attend all meetings and training as required by the Agency.
- Maintain all company records and reports accurately and in a timely fashion and assist in preparation of daily reports.
- Assist in sales and processing of items.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips and balancing cash drawers.
- Must be able to adapt to growth and a changing environment within the Agency.
- Review and be familiar with Goodwill of Central Oklahoma safety policies, programs and procedures and adhere to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes. Attend safety training and meetings and report any unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries immediately.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management.
- High School diploma or GED, preferred.
- Associates Degree or completion of related retail management course work preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory role of 12 or more employees in retail, manufacturing, production or food services and/or demonstrated success and completion of Goodwill assigned training.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to transfer to any Goodwill of Central Oklahoma within the territory.
- Prior retail experience or customer service/ relations experience.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License and Car Insurance Verification, required.
- Must pass MVR check and maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Reliable transportation and communication, required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Job Skills Knowledge
- Builds/Leads Teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several projects at once.
- Strong sense of internal and external customer service.
- Good math and reading skills.
- Strong time management skills and demonstrate adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Excellent employee relation skills.
- Good follow through on projects and deliverables.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to complete and maintain:
- CPR and First Aid certifications
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This work is physical and requires the following activities: Standing, walking, twisting, bending, grabbing and reaching for long periods of time; occasional squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, smelling and visual acuity.
- The ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds, or more with assistance.
- Employee is required to operate a computer, and handle textiles and donated goods. The employee must be able to move stock onto or off shelves.
- Works in climate controlled retail or production environment most of time but will be exposed to airborne particles such as dust, mold, dirt and pollen as well as extreme heat and cold.
- Must be available to work during operating hours as needed for business operations. Work schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and blackout periods which may vary from week to week as well as occasional overtime when approved by management.
- Moderate noise level.
- Works 40 hours per week or more when required.
- Occasional travel required.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.