Assists the Radiology Technologist with room turnover, patient transport, stocking rooms, and paperwork.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Helpful if enrolled in a radiology program.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Positive attitude and demonstrated willingness to assess and improve work environment. Ability to perform multiple tasks while coordinating patient flow and a variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment and initiative.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evening shifts.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. May have contact with blood and body fluid while assisting the Technologist.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Assists the Technologist performing the x-rays by setting up the paper work and cassettes for the x-rays that are ordered.
- Assists in transporting patients to and from the Radiology Department.
- Assists the patient to and from the x-ray or CT table form the floor, cart, or wheelchair.
- Makes radiology imaging CD's requested for copies.
- Maintains annual competency assessment for skills needed to perform this job.
- Assists the technologist inputting patient notes in EPIC, RIS and PACS.
- Assists the technologist in sending and documenting imaging and notes via multiple on-line resources.
- Responsible for cleaning all equipment in the Radiology Department.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. | For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption, healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative COVID-19 test.