The Electro Optical InfraredSystems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas and Austin, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA.EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborneplatforms.We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
- Involved with the design, development, analysis, testing and debugging of computer software applications and/or systems. May include Image and Signal Processing, Real-time, Firmware, Nuclear/Hi-Rel, FAA Certified, Database Design, Operating Systems, Operator/Machine Interface, or others. Develop software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools. Determine hardware compatibility. Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Support and participate in technical activity
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Provide regular reporting of progress and status
- Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- May participate in preparation of less complex proposals
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
Job Responsibilities Part II
- Novice technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or Related technical field
The health and safety of our employees and their families remains a top priority at Leonardo DRS, and we continue to take action to address the risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. Subject to state-specific exemptions, newly hired employees are required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date, unless a medical or religious accommodation or an exemption pursuant to applicable state law is formally approved by Leonardo DRS prior to commencing employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.