The Leonardo DRS Land Electronics business provides C4I Network computing and integrated situational awareness, as well as state-of-the-art embedded diagnostics, vehicle power management and combat vehicle integration products and services.
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently
- Mentor and coach other engineers.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key
- design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Analyze designs as necessary
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as
- Participate heavily in preparation of the more complex and significant proposals
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend
- and confer regarding technical activities and progress
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Mentor and coach less-experienced engineers
- Involved with the design, development, analysis, testing and debugging of computer software applications and/or
- systems. May include Image and Signal Processing, Real-time, Firmware, Nuclear/Hi-Rel, FAA Certified, Database Design,
- Operating Systems, Operator/Machine Interface, or others. Develop software tools including operating systems, compilers,
- routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools. Determine hardware compatibility. Complete documentation
- and procedures for installation and maintenance. Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary
Job Responsibilities Part II
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 8 years of experienceMastery of technologies and domain knowledge
- Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
The health and safety of our employees and their families remains a top priority at Leonardo DRS, and we continue to take action to address the risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. Subject to state-specific exemptions, newly hired employees are required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date, unless a medical or religious accommodation or an exemption pursuant to applicable state law is formally approved by Leonardo DRS prior to commencing employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL